Friday, November 6, 2009

Human Birthday.

I needed a card for an engineer that I work with, and I started to panic. What kind of card do you give to an engineer?!? Then I thought of this cute little robot stamp from Stampin Up, and the two resistors that my friend KP gave me with some other embellishments a couple of years ago. I remember thinking, what on earth would I ever use these for... lol. I'm glad I remembered I had them when I was making this quick and easy card. I stamped the robot in STAZ ON black, and colored him in with a silver colored pencil. The picture doesn't do it justice, because he really looks metal. I stamped the little nuts and bolts from the same stamp set, all around the edge of the focal image layer in a light gray, and mounted it on a random silver cardstock I had in my stash. It was a simple card, but I ended up liking it a lot. The recipiant was very impressed with the resistors. YAY for random objects added to an embellishment stash. =)

Supplies: Robot, bolts, and sentiment stamps, orange CS from S.U. Paterned paper from MME, and two electronic resistors.


Enjoy!!

No comments: